Blog #10

    I think as a teacher I will like to use data collection in my classroom a bit. I could surveys to decided how certain aspects of the classroom are done and by having my students deicide them. For example, I want to be a third grade teacher so maybe I could use a survey to decide on certain methods to teach my students but by asking them to decide on one that best works for them. When teaching math, for example, I think choosing a method that my students learn from the best could lead for the best results in the classroom so by having them complete a survey it would really help me to see what they enjoy and learn best from.

    Something that I found interesting were the differences my blog had compared to my classmates. Like for example, some of them included certain topics that I had not thought about but was interested by my classmates adding them. While looking at some PLN's it allowed me to see familiar tools that I would not have thought about adding my own PLN but it got me thinking about ways that they could be incorporated. I also noticed similarities in certain blogs, for example so of my classmates were also struggling with Diigo at first. 

    Personally I did not participate in the tech-flex or digital badges in the class. As I was looking through my classmates blogs I was reading about their experiences with tech-flex and how much of a handy tool it could be. One of my classmates, Savannah, made a post about technology detox and I plan on taking one in December after finals. I think this will really allow me to relax and mentally prepare for the spring semester.  I've written a letter to my future teacher self/future self
    I think taking a technology class really allowed me to see how much skill I lack in computers. For example, even while doing the most basic thing, like copying a word can be hard for me. I have been using technology more and especially on my laptop so I think learning more tips and tricks will allow me to be able to create more effective and creative activities for my students in the future. I plan on achieving this goal by continuing to use different tools, for example not just Microsoft  and looking and adjusting to other tools that can be helpful.

Comments