Blog #5

    My early experiences with twitter have been very minimal, but informative. For example, I began to follow FSU COE, and other education profiles. The fsu COE, twitter account posts announcements about what is happening in the college and deadlines. I believe that could be beneficial because it will allow me to familiarize myself with programs/events in the future when I am accepted into the college. Twitter can be helpful in my future career by allowing me to connect with other teachers that cold give me advice or vise versa. 


    The digital divide affects student success in schools because it creates barriers for certain students to access online homework, test prep, or help on the internet just in general. If a student is incapable of having access to the internet or having a device that could allow them to use the internet, it could affect their academic success. In my future classroom, I want to make sure all my students are capable of doing their work in school and out of school. I understand using online resources can be helpful, but just to make sure my students are given the same resources, at least at school and create adjusts my lessons so that anything that they may have to work on at home is only required to use their prior knowledge. 


    Two software tools I would like to implement in my future classroom are ClassDojo and Edmodo. With ClassDojo, I will be able to create a point system to allow my students to earn points for certain prizes. While this could motivate them to participate more in the classroom, it could also show their family at home how well they are doing. With Edmodo, I will be able to connect with my students, and they will be able to connect with their classmates so they could work on projects or to allow them to help each other out. I think by using these two software tools it could motivate my students to participate in class and allow them to succeed by helping each other out.

Comments

  1. Lupita,

    I enjoyed reading your blog post! I agree that Twitter can be a good tool to use for school related communications. I also find it helpful to follow certain on campus organizations that I am a part of because they do often share useful deadlines and important information even when you are not directly looking for it. Twitter can serve as a helpful reminder to details students often have a tendency to forget about.

    I love ClassDojo! I am not sure if I have ever heard of it before, but I like the idea of having a reward system in place and then also having the possibility for parents to easily check up on student progress. It seems like it would have the ability to create a positive learning environment in both the classroom and at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I agree with you in that my relationship to twitter has been rather minimal throughout my life. I always found the platform itself to be rather confusing. But similarly to what you said I agree that in can be helpful in not only connecting myself to others but also for information sharing. Twitter provides a unique news source that has more niche articles and some from around the world.

    I used Edmodo in middle school and found it to be helpful. I see it in the same light that I see canvas. It is a way for the teacher to be connected with student while having a place for the student to express different ideas or hand in assignments. Overall great post and love the detail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment