Blog #4


    I chose to select a standard from the third grade technology standards, because I want to be a third grade teacher. The standard I chose seems important because it would allow my students to build their technology skills doing it in a creative way and having being able to collaborate with their classmates. I think I feel mostly prepared to implement this standard because of my experience with technology and similar websites that I have used. I know for sure though that in order to fulfill this standard, I would need to get more familiar with online video creators because I have not had much experience with it. 


    I chose to use the lesson "Finding Fractions at Camp: Fractions on a Number Line". This lesson is explaining how to read fractions on a number line. I think it is a great example because it went in depth about how the fraction would look on a number line and explained why an even used visual representation. It shoes various examples of fractions and their visual representation, I think this would allow my students to learn easier. 

    Internet searching as a teacher, proficiently, is important because it can allow for lessons and teaching in the classroom to be taken to another level. Internet searching gives the power to teachers to teach and/or show their students representations of things they may not have access to in the classroom. The skills that I could use going forward is using advance searching on google. I think advanced searches could be more resourceful in getting information that is true. 

Comments